Subject: Re: forgot root password?
To: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
From: Mipam <reinoud@ibbnet.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/23/2000 03:08:18
On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 05:57:17PM -0700, Mike Cheponis wrote:
> A friend of mine forgot the root password on his NetBSD box.
>
> How can he reset the password?

Hmmm well, best thing to do is i guess to mount the root partition of the
netbsd slice from another os, prolly another bsd or linux.
Then grap the passwd file and run crack over it.
Wait some hours or days and see what happens :)

> Thanks!  -Mike
>
> p.s. He also complains that not rebooting with ctrl-alt-del is a bug, but
> of course we all understand that it's a feature...

Well, he can add this key combination for sure.
But ... naah, he doesnt want that, no one wants ctrl-alt-del to work.
Bye,

Mipam.