Subject: Re: mysterius autorepeat, with wscons
To: Bernd Salbrechter <bernd@mycity.at>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/22/2000 22:43:30
On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Bernd Salbrechter wrote:

> Now I have checked it with a new (1.4.2) kernel and the problem
> still exist with wscons and with pccons all is Ok.
>
> With wscons:
>   * sometimes keys are autorepeated without holding the key down.

	Does it seem like the repeat starts very quickly, or does it
	give an instant double key, then a 'normal' delay before
	autorepeat.

>   * the screen update doesn't work correct. Most of this can be
>     solved by switching to vt100. A additional detail I recognized,
>     is that the last line of the messages from login get overwritten
>     by the prompt.

	Have you modified the .login or similar files at all? Before you
	set the terminal type to vt100 was it vt220. What does the
	following give:
		egrep -i 'wsd|vga' /var/run/dmesg.boot
		stty size

> With pccons:
>   * Autorepeat works correct (only if the key hold down).
>   * I find no problems in the screen update.
>
> About the other problems
>   * PCMCIA Ethernet cars (ne)
>   * screen update in wscons (more)
> I have already post an answer, if it got lost I can resend it.

	Did you submit a PR on them? That is normally the best way to
	ensure something is not lost.

> PS.: As already sayed, I can do some debugging, if someone point me
> to the right sources.

	It might be an idea to try booting a -current kernel from the
	most recent snapshot to see if it has the same problems (don't
	bother with the rest of the snapshot while you're testing).

		David/absolute
				       -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --