Subject: clocks (was Re: usleep() and system clock resolution)
To: None <jimtnelson@earthlink.net>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/19/2000 21:28:44
James Tuman Nelson <jimtnelson@earthlink.net> writes:
> While we are on the subject of system clock, would anyone know why my
> system clock would fail to keep accurate time within hours?  The time
> seems to slip by several minutes or hours over the course of a day, but
> not while I am checking over the course of several minutes.  It seems to
> go to sleep for some time, or suspend time keeping.  Has anyone had
> this problem?

It probably isn't "going to sleep". Your system depends on the timers
constantly running, and if they somehow "stopped" I doubt the machine
would function. Since there isn't a widespread bug report on such a
thing, it is probably just an inaccurate clock. I'd try running ntp or
something to keep it in line.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com