Subject: File "/etc/[" erased
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jaume Samperiz <bamokato@intercom.es>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/16/2000 21:29:36
Hi all,

I have NetBsd/i386 1.4.2 installed but I have erased a file
with a strange name:  " /etc/[  "(an square bracket)  or something like=20
this. After this during the boot I'm asked for the shell path. After this,=
=20
the system
doesn't mount the main partition but mounts the small partition with W95.
What is the task of this file?. Can I fix this error without reinstalling=20
all the system?.

Another question, I'm trying to mount the CDROM (detected in cd0). I use:

mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0  /cdrom but it doesn't work.

mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a  /cdrom    &
mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0d -cdrom          halts the system

How can I mount it during the boot?.

Thanks in advance
Jaume Samp=E9riz