Subject: NTP/ppsapi question
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/10/2000 06:44:31
I've recently started using NTP 4.0.99i on an SS5, running
NetBSD-1.4.2.  I've recompiled the kernel to include pps support.  I'm
using a gpsclock as a primary source of NTP info.

With the patches supplied by www.gpsclock.com, I'm running into some
problems.  The offending call seems to be the time_pps_kcbind call, which
returns "bad address."  The same code proportedly works under FreeBSD and
Linux.

If I disable hardpps, and ignore the return from the *kcbind call, the
driver appears to work (however, lacking hardpps support).

I'd like to figure out what's going on, and submit either 1) kernel
patches or 2) NTP patches back to the creator; my problem is a general
lack of knowledge of the ppsapi.

Does anyone have any hints or suggestions, perhaps on where to start
(maybe a good ppsapi reference page)?

Thanks,

-Jon
 "There is no fourth tower of Inverness!!!" -Meatball Fulton