Subject: Re: binary packages for Alpha?
To: Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/09/2000 17:41:20
On Tue May 09 2000 at 09:56:19 -0400, Michael Lucas wrote:

> I'm researching an article on NetBSD, and came across something that
> seems odd.  The FTP archive doesn't have any Alpha binary packages for
> add-on software.  (The pkgsrc tree works fine, though.)
>
> Is this because the wide range of Alpha hardware makes precompiled
> package binaries incompatible across platforms, or is there some other
> reason?

Well, there are binary packages, but not for 1.4.2 IIRC. Try the older
packages directories such as 1.4.1 and 1.4.

I'm trying to allocate time to setup a alpha box for pkgsrc bulk builds
(for 1.5 mainly), but I haven't been able to that yet. I hope to do it
in June, unless Tim beats me to it.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                    Of course he runs NetBSD.