Subject: Re: NIS not working?
To: None <l.raiser@deathsdoor.com, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Bell <mtbell@mb1.dial.servtech.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/09/2000 09:27:15
Hi,

I don't know how much this will help but this is what I did to get NIS
working on the client side. First of all I added a domainame to /etc/myname
the same fake domainname as the NIS server. Then in rc.conf I set the
ypbind option to yes. Finally I ran the command ypinit -c and specified the
ip address of the NIS server. Then reboot. I think I got everything.

-Matt