Subject: 3com NIC help
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric N. Barkve <eb13@mail.csuchico.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/04/2000 19:54:01
I'm setting up a NetBSD server for my DSL line, and I was looking at 3com
cards.  Specifically, the 3c900 is the card I can get cheap.  However, I
noticed in your supported hardware PCI guide, you have listed the
3c900[B].  Do the brackets around the "B" mean that both cards are
supported, or just the 3c900B version.  Also, do you by chance know the
difference between the cards? I've spent hours on the web looking for some
site that describes the difference, but no description could be found
(3Coms site doesn't even say).  Any help you can give would be
appreciated.

Sincerely,
Eric N. Barkve
eb13@mail.csuchico.edu