Subject: Re: I have an error message from some scripts...
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/01/2000 17:27:01

>> >That a near-useless error. I hate it when I get that error in my logs.
>>
>> well...it indicates that the script is borked.
>
>Not quite. It is possible for the script to be fine and something else
>along the way got smashed. For example, if suexec is used and suexec
>bails then the script might be fine but if you try to access it on the
>web you get the above "near-useless" error. (I had just that happen
>about a week or two ago.)

i read it as "the script is broken".  which is about as much as we
started with.  :)

>> >Well, that tells you something.
>>
>> it suggests to me that wwwinstall.cgi is a perl program, but then
>> again, i'm being very solicitous in my guessing.  did perl not get
>> re-installed?  or lost in the install?
>
>Wait, hold on a second.

hmm?  yes?

>That error message is only found in /usr/src/usr.bin/ldd/ldd_aout/ldd.c,
>and my 1.4.1 install of i386 is ELF.

well, yes...but

% echo foo > bar
% ldd bar
ldd: bar: not a dynamic executable

you can get it out of just about anything.

>Is it possible the executable got trashed in the process of doing the
>install?

"the"?  you mean perl or some other executable?  i guess it could be
just a missing compat_13 or some such...

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|