Subject: Re: Post upgrade problem perhaps??
To: Frank DeChellis <frankd@canal.iaw.on.ca>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/29/2000 19:53:21
> Last week we upgraded our NetBSD from 1.3 up to 1.4.1...everything works
> great but now we have a customer calling us who has compiled C scripts
> running in their web page that stopped working...they are not sure of when

First thing to do, go to their web server machine and run "ldd PROGRAM"
where PROGRAM is the name of a C script that has stopped working. The
output of that may indicate a problem from the upgrade.

Another possibility is that their stuff depends on FreeBSD or Linux emulation
and that was not preserved when you did the upgrade. I'm not sure how to
quickly check for that case.

If your customer could get some error messages out of their web server that
would make a world of difference, otherwise we can only guess at what the
trouble might be...

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com