Subject: Re: Re: serial networking
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Technolord <torellip@arena.sci.univr.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/26/2000 13:14:48
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Brett Lymn wrote:
> Yes, you are missing something.  The ttys file also tells the system
> which ports handle modems and hence need the modem signals paid
> attention to.  As I said before, if you arrange things so CD is
> asserted when you plug the two ends together then things can be made
> pretty much automatic.

I will certainly check it out. But, I had my modem up and running,
connectin cleanly without even opening the ttys file. I guess it's for
incoming packets and not dialout?

.-= tECHNOLORD tHE hELLRAiSER .-=
A shattered heart an empty soul Just one false move and it took its toll
The rising of an evil seed I can't describe the pain I feel Outside it's
dark inside it's cold The sun still shines bright But its time is short