Subject: Re: making packages with little disk space?
To: Robert D. Mohr <robmohr@earthlink.net>
From: Georg Schwarz <schwarz@physik.tu-berlin.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/25/2000 11:41:20
> Richard,
>=20
> If Georg *is* attempting to install the entire package collection...  The
> method you described, i.e. using:
>=20
> make update
>=20
> executed from the /usr/pkgsrc directory should build, install, and clean =
for

Thanks. I think I should have typed that command instead of just 'make' in
/usr/pkgsrc

> each package as it works it's way through... correct?  This still wouldn't
> remove the source from the /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles directory, but it should
> help save *some* space.  I still doubt that a 1.2GB HDD will be sufficient
> to hold the entire collection however...

yes, looks you're right.

--=20
Georg Schwarz                             schwarz@physik.tu-berlin.de
Institut f=FCr Theoretische Physik    Tel. +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
Technische Universit=E4t Berlin          http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
Sekr. PN 7-1, Hardenbergstr. 36, D-10623 Berlin            IRC: kuroi