Subject: Re: making packages with little disk space?
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
From: Georg Schwarz <schwarz@physik.tu-berlin.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/25/2000 11:38:30
> A minor nit-pick: Robert D. Mohr  suggests using the seperate command:
>=20
>   make fetch-list | sh
>=20
> ...to grab distfiles.  While this works, it doesn't sound like it is
> necessary in your case, Georg.  (That you've been filling up your drive as
> make progresses suggests to _me_ that your system is able to pull down
> files as-needed.)

it is. What precisely I'm looking for is a way to make it delete those
files (and possibly others as well) immediately when they are no longer
needed, i.e. after extracting or at least after compiling a package.

>=20
> However, I certainly agree with Robert that building all of pkgsrc is
> probably not needed.  There's nothing wrong with buliding/installing it
> all, but I'm skeptical that it will fit on a 1.2GB drive.  (^&

will it do so without /usr/pkgsrc?

--=20
Georg Schwarz                             schwarz@physik.tu-berlin.de
Institut f=FCr Theoretische Physik    Tel. +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
Technische Universit=E4t Berlin          http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
Sekr. PN 7-1, Hardenbergstr. 36, D-10623 Berlin            IRC: kuroi