Subject: orbs.org and 'Open EMail Relay'
To: 'netbsd-help@netbsd.org' <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Burns <Scott.Burns@Netcontech.Com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/2000 12:06:21
Ok, I have just received my e-mail from orbs.org telling me that my shiny
new NetBSD/i386 V1.4.1 server has the open e-mail relay problem.
So now what do I do. It would appear I have V8.8.8.4 of sendmail and their
page says there are some weaknesses in it. Does V1.4.2 have
a newer version of sendmail and associated cf files that are required to
disable this properly ? I am not a sendmail expert and we have always
used the sendmail setup as it came installed with NetBSD

Whats the easiest way for me to upgrade and plug this hole ?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Burns