Subject: Adaptec 2940UW and 1.4.2
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Northon <jeffo@sasq.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/17/2000 12:24:52
Howdy,

I can't seem to get 1.4.2 to install on a Pentium with an Adaptec
2940UW. I can get it to boot, and sysinst comes up to the install menu,
but it says that there is no disk to install NetBSD onto. I can pop a
win9X disk in the same system and fdisk and format the drive just fine.

Drive ID is 0, and probes (and reports) when the Adaptec controller is
scanning the bus.

Terminator is installed on the ribbon cable at the end of the cable as it
should be. 1.4.2 probes the Adaptec, reports just fine,  but doesn't see
the drive that is attached. I am using boot1.fs and boot2.fs.

Any hint on what I must be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jeff Northon