Subject: Re: Sony VAIO USB does not seem to work...
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Brian Stark <bstark@siemens-psc.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/17/2000 11:37:16
On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> Brian Stark wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have installed the NetBSD-1.4X snapshot (2000-04-17) and when I boot
> > the system I see:
> >
> >   uhci0 at pci0 dev 7 function 2: Intel 82371AB USB Host Controller
> >   (PIIX4) (rev. 0x01)
> >   pci_intr_map: no mapping for pin 0
> >   uhci0: couldn't map interrupt
> >
> > What can I do to solve this? Is this controller not yet supported? This is
> > on a Sony VAIO PCG-N505VX.
>
> Are you using the PCIBIOS (try `man pcibios') stuff?  You need to do that, or you
> need to persuade your BIOS to assign an interrupt to the USB controller.

No... This is disabled by default in the GENERIC kernel (why?), so I will
enable it, and compile a new kernel and see what happens. Thanks for
pointing me in the right direction. I didn't see anything about the
PCIBIOS options when I executed "man 4 options", but I will look at "man
pcibios". BTW, is it possible to get the man page for options(4) updated
for the PCIBIOS info?

Thanks,

Brian

| Brian Stark                       | Internet : bstark@siemens-psc.com |
| Siemens PT&D, Inc.                | Voice    : +1 763 536-4697        |
| Power Systems Control Division    | Fax      : +1 763 536-4919        |
| 7225 Northland Drive, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 55428   USA            |