Subject: serial networking
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Technolord <l.raiser@deathsdoor.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/17/2000 13:08:40
Hi.

I am cirrently interested in attaching one (or more) portables to the
existing network using a null-modem cable (it does cost much less, and
performance isn't an issue as long as it works ;)
I am therefore asking -- from there should I start looking into? I
thought something like a pppd on the portable which polls (say, every 30
seconds) for the connection and on the other side of the cable a PC with
<some process>, like those used in ISPs to allow incoming connections.
I require some pointers, program names and/or documentations.

Thank you for your cooperation.

--
.-= tECHNOLORD tHE hELLRAiSER .-=
A shattered heart an empty soul Just one false move and it took its toll