Subject: Samsung 10/100 ethernet card
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James Spath <jspath@mail.bcpl.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/15/2000 09:45:29
>    Machine-independent PCI drivers
>   Alternatively, it may be the case that your device is compatible
>   with one listed here, or your device may not be listed due
>   to an oversight. If you are unsure, please send mail to
>   netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG.
>Supported PCI devices
>     * Network interfaces
> + Digital 21040-, 21041-, 21140-, 21140A-, 21142-, and 21143-based
>   cards, including the Digital DE425, SMC Etherpower, Adaptec/Cogent
>   multi-port, ZNYX multi-port, and Bay Networks NetGear cards (de)

I have a new Samsung ethernet card, probed on boot as:

Samsung Semiconductors product 0x8920 (ethernet network, revision 0x01)
at pci0 dev 9 function 0 not configured

The model is 1200A-TX.  I had guessed it would be based on the DEC chip
quoted above (based on Samsung second-sourcing other DEC chips).  I'm
not sure how to configure it, however.  What I tried was:

# ifconfig de0 inet 10.0.0.1
ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS de0: Device not configured

I believe I have the de driver in my kernel:

# Network Interfaces
# PCI network interfaces
de* at pci? dev ? function ?    # DEC 21x4x-based Ethernet

Suggestions? (thanks!)