Subject: Re: More easy end-user questions.
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/13/2000 00:57:55
Peter Seebach writes:

> It's a BJ50C.

If you look at http://www.ccsi.canon.com/care/downloads/arrays.html and
select 'BJC-50' you'll find some interesting information.
Under the "Bubble Jet driver for xxxx" it says that the BJC-50 is
not listed in the DOS driver, so select the BJC-4300.
Well, Ghostscript has a BJC600 that supports the BJC4000 series apparently
so you might just be in luck. :)

> Oops.  I just assumed they were all compatible.  Anyway, it's a little tiny

I think they probably are, but the language for the color printers is sure
to be different from the mono. :)  Ghostscript appears to support either.

> Ideally, I'd want to do output from something like staroffice or even *gasp*
> netscape, but I'd be fine with TeX or troff output.  I suppose ghostscript is
> a way to make almost everything work.  :)

Well, just install magicfilter from pkgsrc and you should be able to
easily print Postscript from Netscape.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | NetBSD ist Affengeil.
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | Nachts ist es kaelter
I speak for myself, not for my employer.  | als draussen.