Subject: Re: Voodoo 1 & Glide (i386) ?
To: None <jate@UWasa.Fi>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/12/2000 23:47:28
According to Jarkko Hermanni Teppo:

>I just got a 3Dfx Voodoo 1 card for my pentium crash & burn machine.
>Are there any glide drivers available and if not, can I use the
>Linux emulation to use the linux drivers ? I\'d just like to get
>glQuake working:) and there\'s no way I\'ll install linux just for quake...

You may want to check out this link:

http://www.cybernet.com/~mtaylor/q3ahowto.html

I know it is for freebsd but if you do some translation like using
/emul/linux instead of /compat/linux then you will be able to get the
linux gl libraries installed.  You should then be able to play the
linux glquake.  I have not tried glquake but I was able to get the
Quake 3 Arena demo working which meant the GL stuff worked :-)  Note
that you will probably have to be root to run glquake as the drivers
will want to perform i/o using privileged instructions.

A voodoo driver _may_ be forthcoming sometime...