Subject: Re: Linux?
To: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
From: John Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/09/2000 01:09:06
> Thanks,
>
> although there is a Solaris CD around somewhere on my desk I
> have not found the time to test it jet. All I heard was that it was not
> too easy to install.

The last version I installed was 2.4 and it was definitely quirky but had
the right idea going into a GUI install, but I got lost a few times in the
UI.  I would tend to think it's gotten better since them.

In the long run I found NetBSD easier to maintain, Solaris's dir structure
is a nightmare.  I use to *actually* dream of trying to navigate it's awful
dir paths!  I'm am so glad I abandoned it.

jam