Subject: Re: Linux?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/07/2000 14:23:36
On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Thomas Michael Wanka wrote:
> On 6 Apr 2000, at 6:26, Richard Pennington wrote:
> > Seriously, all the Linux applications I have tried recently
> > work. Are there applications that are known not to work?

> I have not tested it, but AFAIK VMWare will not work (it would not
> work on a non i386 Linux system).

I couldn't get the Pervasive.SQL 2000 server to work either (free trial
at http://www.pervasive.com). The database engine starts, but the first
time anyone tries to do anything with it, one of the threads crashes (it
uses the Linux clone syscall, I think) and the other threads then sit
around sucking CPU.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 24 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++