Subject: RE: Linux?
To: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
From: Marinier, M. Claude, G. <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/07/2000 08:40:26
John,

Thanks for the encouraging, informative, and humorous reply. I will
encourage the use of NetBSD whenever I can.

One thing has to change if I am going to be effective. I have been using
the old-style character interface (probably because I am an old-style kind
of guy :-) on the servers and my PC. I will be more convincing if I start
using one of the X windows systems on my PC. I am currently fighting with
the base X that is distributed with NetBSD 1.4.2 (it does not look that
good and the desktop is larger that my screen). I have unpacked KDE and
plan to try it today. Someone suggested that I also try Gnome. Can those
two co-exist happily on the same system? I might want to show them both to
prospective users.

Thanks again to all of you who sent other encouraging words.

--
Claude Marinier, Information Technology Group    claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca
Defence Research Establishment Ottawa (DREO)    (613) 998-4901  FAX 998-2675