Subject: Re: Linux?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/06/2000 17:37:17
In message <x74s9ffa43.fsf@capsicum.wsrcc.com>, Wolfgang Rupprecht writes:
>If folks are really interested in what the difference is, they should
>download the Redhat 6.2 iso, pop in a scratch harddisk and install.
>Then they should try the same with Netbsd.

YMMV.  I was unable to get RedHat to install correctly on a computer recently.
NetBSD 1.4.1 went in with no difficulties.  I've repeatedly found that Redhat
installs come out useless for one reason or another.

>    "What is the offset of the next partition?"
>    "Is that in sectors or cylinders?"
>    "I don't know. -- AAARGGG".

It's not so bad if you don't need to do multiple FDISK partitions; if all you
need is partitions-by-size, the installer can be persuaded to simply ask by
size.

-s