Subject: Re: Large CPU caches & NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/06/2000 16:29:45
Hi,

I have a K6 III 450 on a board with 2MB L2 cache (or L3 cache),
and found improvements only when using more than 128MB Ram
compared to the same board with only 512KB L2 cache. However
the impovements were not human noticable only benchmarks
showed improvements. AFAIK the size of the cache will only enlarge
the max. cachable memory region.

mike