Subject: Linux?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Marinier, M. Claude, G. <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/05/2000 13:28:32
Hi,

I use NetBSD as an internet server but more and more users (scientists)
want Linux. I have two questions.

1. Which Linux is most like Unix (BSD)?

2. Could NetBSD do anything Linux does? I assume that I would build the
kernel with Linux and ELL32. Would I also need a compatibility package?

I hope that I will not offend anyone by this question. I have to support
(read: really help) the users. They know about Linux (or have heard about
it) but they do not know anything about NetBSD (I do try to tell them but
need help to convince them).

Thanks.

--
Claude Marinier, Information Technology Group    claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca
Defence Research Establishment Ottawa (DREO)    (613) 998-4901  FAX 998-2675