Subject: Re: TAI syncing.
To: Mipam <reinoud@ibbnet.org>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/03/2000 17:40:12
Mipam wrote:
> Anyone here which syncs the time on his server's with the atomic clock?
> I am searching where to find the correct time and then adjust my own clock's with it. I'll need to build a script, but first i need to know where i can get the atmomic time for my timezone. Anyone's doing this kind of stuff?

Do you mean the sort of thing that ntp does?  Basically, it syncronises
computer clocks.  Add the list of servers to a /etc/ntp.conf, set

  xntpd=YES

in your /etc/rc.conf and go!  More information in the xntpd(8) and related
manual pages and also at http://www.ntp.org/ (particularly the link to
"Public NTP Time Servers").

PS.  NTP might not be the answer if your machine is not Internet connected
all the time.
--
                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/