Subject: Re: annoying getport(status) messages on screen
To: lewst <lewst@yahoo.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/26/2000 11:27:46
On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, lewst wrote:

# Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp> wrote:
#
# > > How can I get the server to stop sending these messages, and/or get NetBSD
# > > to stop displaying them on my terminal?  This is extremely distracting.
# >
# > I think portmap_flags="-l" in /etc/rc.conf turns on libwrap logging.
#
# I already have this turned on.  `portmap -l' enables libwrap logging,
# but the messages still get sent to my terminal.  :-(

Are you logging in as root or on the console?

Are you in the /etc/syslog.conf file as being written to?

These messages get written on the console and/or to logins named "root",
and they are sent at a certain priority.  If you wish not to receive these
messages, find the priority at which they are sent and adjust the entries
for "root" and "/dev/console" in /etc/syslog.conf.

If you don't get this, you should read syslog.conf(5) before trying this.

#
# Do You Yahoo!?
# Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
# http://im.yahoo.com
#

				--*greywolf;
--
If anyone requests a reason as to why Windows NT is inferior to UNIX,
refer them to the process scheduler, for starters.  Of course, users