Subject: can't compile binutils-2.7
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/25/2000 01:40:07
Hello all,

I need to compile the gnu binutils-2.7 (I need to use that version
because it's the one for which there's a patch for the free PalmOS
development tools for Unix -- see http://elf.org/pilot/develop.html).

Every time I try to compile them on my NetBSD 1.4.1 box, compilation
stops with this error:

test -z "" ||  gcc -O2 -c -g -I. -I./../include   strerror.c -o pic/strerror.o
gcc -O2 -c -g -I. -I./../include  strerror.c
strerror.c:459: conflicting types for `sys_errlist'
/usr/include/errno.h:61: previous declaration of `sys_errlist'
strerror.c: In function `init_error_tables':
strerror.c:544: warning: assignment of read-only variable `sys_nerr'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.