Subject: different DESTDIR makes me crazy
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/25/2000 00:49:15
Hi,

Specifying a different destdir with export DESTDIR=/release for example
in make build drove me insane, cause it cant install anything in there
cause
all the appropriate dirs in the destdir dont exist, which results in an
error code 1. Finally i descided to copy the complete source try into the
DESTDIR to overcome this. It did for some time, but there are still so
much dirs that does not exist. Doing a make build that way will cost hours
and hours to manually make all the dirs which you need in destdir which do
not exist. I tried to find info how to overcome this in /usr/src/Makefile
and in /usr/share/mk/bsd.README but i didnt find a way to overcome this.
I guess there should be one, i really cant imagine anybody using a
different destdir wants to make the thousends of dirs in the manually?
What can i do to remedy this?
Bye,

Reinoud.