Subject: Re: alpha Multia UDB keyboard
To: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/24/2000 16:33:13
John A. Maier writes:
> I just got an Alpha Multia UDB 166Mhz.
>
> I tried NT (just to see if it would work) and it starts to install but NT
> 4.0 install needs to have an existing NT partition.
>
> Then I tried NetBSD 1.4.1 (what I originally got it for) and it boots of
> the floppy(s) okay (bar the overread underread warnings) and I get the
> [vt100] prompt and nothing!  The keyboard is locked!
>
> I even went through the FAQ and even put a 4in muffin fan on top and left
> the box open.
>
> Is this normal?  Are there any work arounds?

My keyboard (on a switch also) works fine.  Perhaps your keyboard is flakey
or something.  You can try using a serial console long enough to get installed
etc.  You might try a 1.4.2_ALPHA snapshot kernel as well.

With NT, don't you need to load 'ARCSETUP' or something first to partition
the drive, then install NT?

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.