Subject: Re: apache
To: None <reinoud@ibbnet.org>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/22/2000 03:44:44
Apache logs the IP address, browser, time, and GET command for every
hit. For example, if I look in my /var/log/httpd/access_log:

xdsl014% cat /var/log/httpd/access_log | tail -n1
proxy1-18.isu.net.sa - - [22/Feb/2000:02:57:13 -0800] "GET /graphics/henristatic.gif HTTP/1.0" 200 10949 "http://www.henrilubatti.com/" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; MSN 2.5; Windows 98; DigExt)"
xdsl014%

I can tell that someone using a browser that reports itself as
Internet Explorer 5.0 on Windows 98 asked for the file
/graphics/henristatic.gif.

If you want a statistical breakdown of which browsers have been used
to access your site, try installing the webalizer package. See
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/www/webalizer/README.html
for details.

Hope this helps.

-Zach Fine
czyz@serv.net