Subject: Re: The strange case of the HP C3325A.
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/20/2000 09:02:06
On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 08:47:39 -0700 (MST)
 Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net> wrote:

 > 2) the drive had a bad interaction with NCR.
 >
 > My vote would be two.  It is also possible this drive is on it's death bed.

Right, see my previous message.

Note, I used to have a cousin of the C3325A, the 660MB version (nicknamed
`Cyote') ... the drive was *indestructible*.  It did start to develop some
bad blocks, which I remapped, and then gave the drive to a friend of mine
who was a poor, starving student at the time, and really needed another disk
for his PC.

The drive was about 6 or 7 years old when I gave it away, and that was 4 or 5
years ago... and the disk is still going strong.  The point of the story
being that I would be kind of surprised if the disk itself was on its
death bed.