Subject: Re: ftp Problems
To: Matt Bell <mtbell@mb1.dial.servtech.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/19/2000 01:04:43
>I'm having trouble logging into ftp on my netbsd box. When I type in the
>correct passord and username I keep getting:
>
>Feb 18 22:09:36 mb1 ftpd[330]: FTP LOGIN REFUSED FROM localhost, mtbell
>530 User mtbell may not use FTP.

i'd be guessing that you need to make sure your shell is in
/etc/shells...

% man ftpd
     ftpd authenticates users according to five rules.
           3.   The user must have a standard shell returned by
                getusershell(3).  (If the user's shell field in the password
                database is empty, the shell is assumed to be /bin/sh.)

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|