Subject: Re: Forcing an ARP flush from NetBSD box
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/19/2000 09:04:25
Are there any programs that I can run to do jousting ARP? I would imagine
that a ping should suffice, but I could also imagine that the router (which
is all I'm really concerned about at the colo) might have some "defenses"
against mis-configured systems politely coughing using the "wrong" IP
addresses. I don't know diddly about ARP; I would hope there would be both
"polite cough" and "no, really, I know what I'm doing, disregard what you
thought before about this IP address and use my Ethernet for it".

--Paul Hoffman