Subject: Forcing an ARP flush from NetBSD box
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/18/2000 14:09:18
Greetings again. I'm going to be changing a server that I have at a
colocation facility from non-NetBSD to NetBSD. I'm setting up a whole new
box that will have the same services and the current one, including about a
dozen virtual IP addresses.

The problem is that this colo will not flush their ARP tables for me when I
swap boxes. (I know this because it has happened for me once before.) They
only flush their ARP tables about every four hours. I was told that Solaris
(?) has a program that emits, in essence, "you know that ARP entity for
a.b.c.d you have? Forget it. Oh, and here's a new one".

Does such a program exist on NetBSD? I'd love to have it before doing the
install, so I don't have to wait for the router's table to refresh at its
own rate.

--Paul Hoffman