Subject: Selective logging?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/18/2000 09:42:20
I'd like to implement some selective logging for services launched from
inetd.  Basically, I've got a host which has a 'net connection as well as
a private connection to my internal network.  Internall, I have a bunch of
mail clients which connect to an imap service, generating lots of messages
from my internal (secure) systems.  I really don't want to see these
messages; they only clutter my log files.  I'd really like to see only
connections from outside sources.

I've searched through man pages, but haven't found anything which would
allow me to selectively log by interface or ip.  Does anyone know of a way
to filter based on either interface or incoming IP?

Thanks!

-Jon
 "Can you count my penny?" | NetBSD on i386, Alpha, VAX, NeXT, SPARC,
 "One!"                    | Mac68k, and hopefully more...