Subject: Re: NetBSD and Printing - Samba/otherwise
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/16/2000 01:51:24
At 09:00 PM 2/15/00 +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
>	Is anyone who has done this in coming up with an FAQ entry for
>	the NetBSD www pages. text good, html better.
>
>	Come on - help the NetBSD world :)

Okay, okay! (Man, between you and the local NPR station... ;-) This isn't
the most coherent thing I've ever written, but a reasonably intelligent
person should get enough clues from it to make something work eventually:

	http://www.laine.org/NetBSD/smbprint/

gives instructions on one way of setting up a NetBSD machine to send
PostScript (or straight text) files to a printer connected to an
SMB-capable machine (eg MS Windows). If the printer isn't itself PostScript
capable, GhostScript is used as part of the filter to translate into
something different (PCL in my case).