Subject: Re: NetBSD and Printing - Samba/otherwise
To: Bruce Martin , Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/15/2000 03:54:33
Christos, you mentioned using port 9100...is that a TCP port?

You could just use the portal filesystem, if so.  Zoom.  (Mount portal if
it's not already mounted, then dump to /p/tcp/machine/port.)

If it's UDP, though, or something strange, nevermind.

Also, though it's a FreeBSD page, there's some good info about various
things at:

 http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/printing.html

(Disclaimer: I've never set up a network-based printer.  I'm just linking
up some bits that happen to be obvious from where I sit.  (^&)

(Well, I'm also waiting for an Octave program to finish running...)

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com