Subject: Re: ssh problems
To: Bill Squier <groo@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/15/2000 01:45:18
> > > Building gmp did the trick!
> >
> > Ah, glad to hear it.
> >
> > If you were building ssh out of pkgsrc, you might send-pr the problem,
> > noting that it requires gmp but didn't build it for you automatically.
>
> Are you using -current?

Not I.  I have only the one machine, and I rely upon it.  If I had a
second machine, though, I would probably run -current on at least one
machine.  (^&

> This is a bug (just fixed) in -current (ELF) make(1).  See bin/9393.
> You don't need to install pkgsrc/dev/gmp, ssh-1.2.27 comes with libgmp.

Hm...it may come with one, but I'm not wild about calling it a feature
(rather than a bug) that ssh can't use the system libgmp.  Unless the
system libgmp is unreliable or unstable in some way, it seems undesirable
(if non-fatal) to re-build libgmp for random programs that want to use it.

Or does the ssh package only build libgmp if a system libgmp isn't found?

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com