Subject: Re: UDMA/66
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/13/2000 16:54:34
At 10:40 PM 2/13/00 +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>> Triones Technologies product 0x0004 (miscellaneous mass storage,
revision 0x01) at pci0 dev 19 function 0 not configured
>> Triones Technologies product 0x0004 (miscellaneous mass storage,
revision 0x01) at pci0 dev 19 function 1 not configured

>Oh, OK. It's because it doesn't announce itself as a PCIIDE device.
>The fact that is has 2 functions makes me suspect it's not conformant
>to the pciide specs. I need the docs to know what to do about this :)

BTW, this chip requires its own BIOS in order to be used for boot devices,
as well as different drivers to work on Win9x and WinNT.

And, in case you didn't find it already by guesswork, the website for High
Point is http://www.highpoint-tech.com.