Subject: Re: UDMA/66
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/13/2000 19:48:32
On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 12:36:15PM -0500, Laine Stump wrote:
> NetBSD does not recognize this controller as anything at all, and disks
> connected to it are not seen either. This isn't a huge problem as long
> as you're willing to have only 33 support, and "only" 4 devices
> connected to the machine instead of 8.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

> Not to be impolite, but that's the same thing everyone was told over 2
> years ago.

Believe me, I'm as frustrated about that as anyone else. Probably more.
SMP work has an unfortunate history of people who work on it bailing
out, leading to a long delay (and us having to play catch up compared
to other systems). But I'm confident this time, because I've actually
seen code. Which will hopefully be available to everyone in the
near future, so that people who were kind enough to offer help
will be able to do so.

- Frank