Subject: Re: UDMA/66
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/13/2000 10:28:29
On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 12:28:39AM -0500, Laine Stump wrote:
> NetBSD supports other UDMA/66 controllers, but not the one on the BP6.
> Neither does NetBSD-current as of mid-December it didn't, and I haven't
> noticed any change since. (Someone correct me if my info is out of date.)
> The UDMA/33 controllers on the BP6 still work fine, though.

Just to avoid confusion that I have seen occur before: "not supporting"
in this case means that they won't be driven in full UDMA/66 mode,
but that they will work just fine, albeit using "lower" modes.

> Also don't expect to get any use out of the 2nd CPU on your BP6. NetBSD
> still doesn't support more than one CPU (and I haven't seen any messages on
> tech-smp in quite awhile).

It's being actively worked on, the preliminary code may be available
soonish, but this is up to the person who's writing it (i.e. no
sense in asking yet..)

- Frank