Subject: Re: UDMA/66
To: Josh Black <josh@viewsrc.com>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/13/2000 00:28:39
At 03:26 PM 2/12/00 -0700, Josh Black wrote:
>I'm curious if the current 1.4.1 release supports the new UDMA/66 (or
>Ultra ATA/66 as some call it) hard drives and controllers, specifically the
>HPT366 UDMA/66 controller (made by HighPoint Technologies), and found on the
>Abit BP6 motherboard (which i have), among others.  Thanks for any help.

NetBSD supports other UDMA/66 controllers, but not the one on the BP6.
Neither does NetBSD-current as of mid-December it didn't, and I haven't
noticed any change since. (Someone correct me if my info is out of date.)
The UDMA/33 controllers on the BP6 still work fine, though.

Also don't expect to get any use out of the 2nd CPU on your BP6. NetBSD
still doesn't support more than one CPU (and I haven't seen any messages on
tech-smp in quite awhile).

(P.S. Although my BP6 doesn't normally run NetBSD, it occasionally does,
and I'd be happy to test any driver written for the HPT366 controller.)