Subject: Re: python compiling q
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/11/2000 23:36:21
On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Agent Drek wrote:
>
> > I need to compile python --with-threads ...
> > I have /usr/pkg/pthreads but I don't know how to tell the configure
> > script to look under /usr/pkg/pthreads/include for things
> >
> > I'm ready to sym link it all into /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib
> > but I'm pretty sure that is not the intended way to deal with this :)
> >
> > thanks for any tips.
>
> Try "setenv CONFIGURE_ENV='CC=/usr/pkg/pthreads/bin/pgcc' make".

No wait, that's "env CONFIGURE_ENV='CC=/usr/pkg/pthreads/bin/pgcc' make"
for all shells. Also "CONFIGURE_ENV='CC=/usr/pkg/pthreads/bin/pgcc' make"
works for Bourne shells, or
"setenv CONFIGURE_ENV 'CC=/usr/pkg/pthreads/bin/pgcc'; make" for C-shells.
The point is to set CONFIGURE_ENV in the environment instead of after the
"make", so as not to interfere with the package make system.