Subject: Re: new stdlib?
To: Paul Sander <paul@wakawaka.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/10/2000 08:55:08
paul@wakawaka.com (Paul Sander) writes:
> Note that this doesn't work so well if the format string omits one or more
> arguments.

and indeed, in every specification of this behaviour i've seen:

* you're limited to a potentially-small number of $'d arguments, and

* you need to have all positions represented, and you can't have
non-positional arguments.

I was thinking about poking at this, to make our c library do the
right thing, but understanding what had to be done with '*'d format
specifiers hurt my head so i did something else instead.  8-)

cgd