Subject: Re: problem while installing netbsd
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: christophe plasschaert <cplasschaert@geodis-overseas.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/10/2000 15:30:30
>Hi everibody;
>I've got a netbsd cdrom (nov 1999 preview) and i want to try it on a
>sparcstation 10.
<When i boot from cdrom there is no problem, the installation process
>start:
>I make the partition /, /usr, /usr/local, /home and swap;
>I choose the packages, the installation process seems to go well.
>I've got a successfull message which ask me to reboot.
>When i boot the system use only the root-system partition. the other one
>are not mounted.
>Have i done something wrong?
>Can someone give me some hints or where can i find some documentation
>about the installation process.

After rebooting, i drop in single user mode but there is nothing in /etc
while during the installation i saw the installation of some files in
/etc.
have I to create a file /etc/rc.conf from scratch. Is there any sample
anywhere?
But I will still have problems with others /etc/files, no?