Subject: Re: Ensoniq driver for NetBSD
To: Brian Gregor <bgregor@buphy.bu.edu>
From: None <bsd@manumission.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/09/2000 21:58:25
Hello Brian. It's a fairly easy process.

Copy/overwrite the following files from -current:

.../sys/dev/ic/ac97.h
.../sys/dev/ic/ac97.c
.../sys/dev/pci/eap.c
.../sys/dev/auconv.c
.../sys/dev/auconv.h
.../sys/dev/mulaw.c
.../sys/dev/mulaw.h

Update the eap entry in .../sys/dev/pci/files.pci:

    # Ensoniq AudioPCI S5016
    device  eap: audio, auconv, mulaw, ac97, midibus
    attach  eap at pci
    file    dev/pci/eap.c                   eap

Add the AC97 entry to .../sys/conf/files:

    # AC-97 CODECs
    define  ac97
    file    dev/ic/ac97.c                   ac97

I believe you should be able to associate a midi device with eap*
in your configuration file. I haven't bothered so far: YMMV. Recompile
and away you go!

And thus spake Brian Gregor:

--
"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell." -- Aldous Huxley