Subject: Re: mysterius autorepeat, with wscons
To: Bernd Salbrechter <bernd@mycity.at>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/08/2000 22:27:08
On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Bernd Salbrechter wrote:

> Sometimes the last pressed key is repeated as I still press it. It
> lock like wscons doesn't recognize the release of the key. The
> autorepeat stops, if I press any key and release it. I have only
> disabled the green kernel messages in GENERIC, otherwise the wscons
> options are untouched. I didn't had that phenomena on my 486 tower.
>
> If this is not a known problem, can I activate some kernel traces
> to find out more about it, or are there other thingth I can do to
> help you to find it?

	Strange - could you try a kernel with the pccons instead of
	wscons console driver to see if it shows up there?

> An other observation I made is that me PCMCIA Ethernet card (ne)
> get an different interrupt and doesn't "ifconfig(0)" right if I leave
> it in "/etc/ifconfig.ne0", but I got it work by setting
>   > auto_ifconfig=NO
>   > net_interfaces="ne0"
> in "rc.conf".

	A different interrupt? That is very strange - could you send
	dmesg output from each case?

> BTW. Has someone also problems with the vt220 emulation, which is
> set in "/etc/ttys" by default. I have changed it to vt100, because
> "more(1)" writes all in the last line, which is not very helpful.
> I have "MORE=-s" in my environment.

	That is also odd - have you changed any of the dotfiles and
	are you using a different shell?

		David/absolute