Subject: Re: 1) howto install on a scsi hdd, 2) howto reconfigure nic
To: Henry Nelson <henry@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/05/2000 16:02:07
>core team of NetBSD/pc98 isn't even listed on the credits page at

As just another user...why should they be listed?  Until your post here, I
wasn't even aware that there _was_ such an effort.  Now, I see that it's
listed here: http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/#not-yet-integrated

>getting those neat virtual terminals going, "wscons", is it.  Well, with
>NetBSD/pc98 it's right in the GENERIC kernel that's initially installed.

I gather that the idea supporting virtual terminals by default has been
raised (port-i386, maybe?).  My understanding of the answer is: Not
everyone uses a PC; many platforms don't (at that time) have wscons
support, so they can't do virtual consoles.

On the PC, at least, they seem to be fairly easy to set up, though getting
a 50-line text console is something that I've never worked
out.  Admittedly, though, I haven't really looked into it in a while,
since I run X nearly all of the time.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com